[Clovr-users] New beta release for CloVR (beta-0.5)
angiuoli at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 14:40:22 EST 2010
The team is pleased to announce a new beta release of the CloVR virtual
machine for automated sequence analysis.
We are working towards a stable 1.0 release next year and will continue beta
releases on a monthly basis as we work to improve usability, reliability and
get user feedback.
Highlights of this release include
- Improved reliability, error reporting, and numerous bug fixes
- New graphical startup screen and admin console
- Updates to clovrMicrobe to match latest IGS Annotation Engine
- Assembly (454 and Illumina) and genome annotation components of
clovrMicrobe can all be run as stand-alone pipelines
- Additional output and visualizations for 16s and metagenomics pipelines
- Improvements to auto-scaling of cloud instances for BLAST, microbe, and
- Initial support for GBrowse
- Initial pipeline for comparative genomics that predicts orthologs and
characterizes a bacterial pan-genome (clovrComparative)
- Initial pipeline for short read mapping using Bowtie or CrossBow
- Initial support and testing for the DIAG academic
- Added documentation for the appliance API and web
services<http://vappio.sf.net/>that support provisioning virtual
clusters, data transfer to/from the cloud,
and executing workflows
- Initial support for CloVR as a platform to build custom VMs. The latest
built using CloVR.
Special thanks to all the contributors for the releases this year: Cesar
Arze, Florian Fricke, Kevin Galens, Stephen Mekosh, Malcolm Matalka, Dave
Riley, Mahesh Vangala, James White.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Clovr-users